2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS vs. 2020 BMW X7
Starting at $70,150* MSRP
Mclean families looking for a three-row luxury SUV with plentiful seating and cargo space might find themselves deciding between the Mercedes-Benz GLS vs. BMW X7. While the BMW X7 may be the newer model, shoppers in Great Falls will find that doesn’t mean it necessarily offers drivers more. See how the pricing, performance, and safety features of these models match up below!
GLS vs. X7: Pricing
When shopping for a luxury vehicle, it still doesn’t hurt to save a little upfront. Looking at the price tags of the Mercedes-Benz GLS vs. BMW X7, you’ll find the GLS offers more features for less:
- 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS: Starting at $70,150* MSRP
- 2020 BMW X7: Starting at $73,900 MSRP
GLS vs. X7: Performance Features & Specs
Even though luxury SUVs comes with more bells and whistles, they still remain an SUV at heart. If you want premium features without losing out on the capabilities and utilities that SUVs are known for, then the GLS sets itself apart as the more powerful model:
- 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLS: The GLS delivers a robust performance with the 362 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque generated by its 3.0L V6 biturbo engine. The 9G-TRONIC® transmission means shifting is easy and precise. If you want to tow your boat or other outdoor gear, you can haul up to 7,500 pounds with the optional trailer hitch.
- 2020 BMW X7: Drivers can expect just 335 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque from the 3.0L Inline-6 engine inside the X7. They also will notice fewer gears when shifting as the X7 features an 8-speed transmission. And, if towing is at all a concern, the X7 lacks the capability entirely.
GLS vs. X7: Safety Features
Both SUVs have pre-collision systems to increase driver and passenger safety in the event of an accident. Yet, the Mercedes-Benz GLS also provides some additional features to help prevent accidents in the first place, including:
- ATTENTION ASSIST®: Using over 70 parameters, this driver attention monitor learns your driving habits and then alerts you with audio and visual alerts in the event it detects a change.
- Crosswind Assist: This system helps course-correct in the event of lateral gusts hitting the side of your vehicle when traveling at highway speeds.
Enjoy the Mercedes-Benz GLS at Mercedes-Benz of Tysons Corner
Interested in learning more about the GLS pricing or dimensions? Schedule a test drive at Mercedes-Benz of Tysons Corner near Chantilly today!