What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
Many automakers have their own unique systems that distribute power to all four wheels. For Mercedes-Benz, that system is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC®. Intelligent, lightweight, and endlessly capable, 4MATIC® all-wheel drive gives Mclean drivers greater control on rough or slippery terrain. This system is available for many new Mercedes-Benz models, such as the C-Class, E-Class, and GLE.
What Does 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Do?
Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® works hard to do the following:
- Create stronger road grip in adverse weather conditions
- Promote strong fuel economy
- Allocate power to the wheels that need it most
How does it accomplish the above tasks? Here’s a look at the four ways Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® gives you more control on Great Falls roads:
- The force sent to your car’s tires affects everything from braking to acceleration to steering. Elevating that power from two wheels to four wheels increases your vehicle’s capabilities.
- Compared to the inside wheels, the outside wheels take a longer path when you turn a corner. 4MATIC® senses the onset of wheel-spin with the help of an advanced electronic traction system.
- 4MATIC® was designed to monitor road conditions and can adjust power output to accommodate for changes — again, with the help of its electronic traction system.
- High-performance driving and 4MATIC® all-wheel drive go hand-in-hand. The system can configure torque amounts for each wheel to give you the sporty handling you crave.
Which Mercedes-Benz Vehicles Offer 4MATIC®?
You can find 4MATIC® across the Mercedes-Benz lineup, from the A-Class Sedan to the GLS SUV. Here’s a list of the current models available with 4MATIC® all-wheel drive:
- Mercedes-Benz A 220 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 450 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 450 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC® Coupe and Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 4MATIC® SUV
Mercedes-AMG® vehicles can also be had with 4MATIC® all-wheel drive, however, their systems are geared more toward sporty performance. This is distinguished by a different naming convention, such as AMG® Performance 4MATIC®.
Find a New Vehicle with 4MATIC® at Mercedes-Benz of Tysons Corner!
If you’re ready to see what 4MATIC® can do, contact us to schedule a test drive near Great Falls and Chantilly. While you’re here, ask about other parts and systems that contribute to the brand’s legendary power and handling, such as AMG® performance parts.
While you’re exploring your options, compare the E-Class vs. S-Class to find the model that’s right for you! We can also fill you in on the latest safety systems from Mercedes-Benz, such as PRESAFE® and ATTENTION ASSIST®.